Saturday 2 April 2011

My Training - week B - day 6 and 7

Hi all this is the last two days of the training i've been doing for a few month's. i've already talked about changing up altogether so I'll post up exactly what I'm doing some time in the future but for now I'll finish up week B.

Day 6: Skill training
the workout is split into 5 parts, you don't have to do one after the other, and as there pretty time consuming you can run over into day 7's rest day.

1. punch circuit
10 jabs
10 straights
10 left hooks
10 right hooks
10 left uppercuts
10 right uppercuts
5 superman punches
x5 1 speedy 1 strong 3 on bag

2. kick circuit
10 left front kicks
10 right front kicks
5 left inside leg kick
5 left outside leg kick
5 right inside leg kick
5 right outside leg kick
10 left kick to ribs
10 right kick to ribs
10 left head kicks
10 right head kicks
x5 1 speedy 1 strong 3 on bag

3. elbows, knees and clinch
10 left hook elbows, overhead elbows, uppercut elbows (all 3 = 1 rep)
10 right hook elbows, overhead elbows, uppercut elbows
5 left spinning elbows
5 right spinning elbows
5 left clinch knees to body
5 right clinch knees to body
5 left clinch knees to head
5 right clinch knees to head
5 flying knees
x5 (usual trend)

4. grappling circuit
10 shoots
10 double underhook takedown to guard
10 double underhook takedown to side control
10 sprawls
10 sprawls to slam to side control
10 cage takedowns
10 slams
20 position changes
20 position changes on back
x5 (no bag)

5. fight circuit
3x3 min muay thai rounds (to bag or, if available, sparring with a partner)
3x1:30 min rounds grapplng

1 min stand up
1 min grappling
1 min stand up
1 min grappling
1 min stand up
x3

- the only thing you might not know (unless you've never done MMA, in which case you won't know anything. if this is true look up the exercises) is cage takedowns. this is just simply pushing the opponent against the cage, making it easier to take them down.

- if you don't have a partner you can simply pretend you are doing these techniques against an imaginary opponent or, what I do, find something you can practice on. (I have an exercise that I roll up and use)

- the last circuit is the most demanding so this is the one you are best to do on Sunday (day 7)

- when I say 1 speedy I mean do them as quick as possible, when I say strong I mean as hard as possible and on the bag do it against a heavy bag. if you don't have one or access to one, damn. do it in the air!

Thanks everyone! I'll post the leg workout I did two days ago now.
inabit

No comments:

Post a Comment