Thursday 31 March 2011

Warming up and cooling down

Hi all! I don't want to sound like a stereotype here but warming up and cooling down is essential in training. Lot's of people say 'oh I don't have enough time to warm up or cool down'. the truth is, if you don't have enough time to warm up, you don't have enough time to workout. the same goes for cooling down. Now many people say the main reason for cooling up and warming down is to prevent injury. it is incredibly easy to pick up a minor injury during training. the most common ones are knee strains from squatting or dead lifting, wrist injurys (take me for example!) and pulled muscles. these injurys aren't serious and don't cause any long term damage, but they can prevent you from training for weeks (take me for example!). The main reason I'm saying you should warm up and cool down is that it significantly reduces aches and pains the day after training. If you carry on training, after not warming up and receiving aches, the aches will just get worse and worse. some aches are so severe they actually stop you from training. so, for those people who say they don't have time to warm up but they still wan't to complete the same amount of training, don't be stupid! in the short and long term, you'll actually train more if you just say 'I won't do my training today as I don't have enough time to warm up and cool down'.

that's all for today and I'll post something later showing my exact warm up and cool down. I've nearly perfected my warm up, the only strain I ever get after training is behind my knee's, I'll look up this before I post so I can show you guys the perfect warm up and cool down.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment