Tuesday 22 March 2011

The Training and Fighting blog

Hi all!

there are a number of reasons I decided to start this blog: -
- to have a permanent log of my own training
- to share a few workouts and training techniques with you guy's, specifically for fighting (MMA)
- to give opinions and discuss recent fights and your own training with all of you

I'm not gonna lie, I'm not incredibly strong as of now. I've always been relatively fit and healthy and I take part in MMA, Muay thai and box-wrestle class's at my local (or not so local - it's an hour and a half's walk away) fighting gym. I'm only 15 but my true dream is to be a mixed martial artist when I'm older. This is not just a random idea, I've been wanting to do it since I was 12 and have been training on and off for 3 years now. I have matured greatly since then and am ready to get right down to it. Despite being a 'kid', I do p.e as an option at school and have researched endless amounts of training tips.

My basic schedule at the moment is split into two weeks:
Week A - strength week
Week B - skill week

in week A I focus on strength by lifting weights and generally training my body. I do a split workout 4 days a week containing weight training, plyometrics and circuits.

in week B I do 3 classes (MMA, Muay Thai and Box-Wrestle) and do various circuits to strengthen my grappling and the speed and power of my punches, as well as practising techniques I have learned

as of this moment I actually have a fractured wrist, preventing me from putting any weight on it at all, obviously limiting the training I can do. I'm going to rest it the whole of this week, from my normal regime, and just do random circuits that I'm able to.

I have a few things lined up for this week as well as putting my exact training. Might be a busy week
Many thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment